- 6 slices bacon
- 1.5 lbs of ground pork
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- bunch of chili powder
- bunch of paprika
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- tsp of cumin
- juice of one lime
- 1 litre tomatoes (jarred or similar)
- can of kidney beans, drained
- can of black peas, drained
- bunch of frozen corn
The infinite search for the perfect chili continues.
I never really follow a recipe when I’m making chili, as I assume most cooks don’t either. This should be stated now, I believe beans are a pivotal part of good chili :)
- Cooked bacon in large pot, retaining some of the drippings. Finely dice up bacon.
- Sauteed onions, carrots, garlic, celery in drippings, put aside
- Cook pork and beef, drain fat
- Add in tomatoes, bullion cubes, chili powder (to taste), cumin, paprika, bacon and let simmer (for as long as you want)
- 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add in both cans of beans and frozen corn
Each recipe I post will most certainly include the frozen corn, I just LOVE the burst of sweetness when eating the chili (although I’ll need to run to the store for this now, the only item I’m out of). I usually have mine with buttered pieces of toast and some nacho chips.